This three-ingredient Nutella Coffee drink is nothing more than coffee, hazelnut spread, and creamer. However, that trio of simple ingredients blends into a luscious chocolate and hazelnut latte. It’s the perfect sweet and creamy caffeinated treat!
Can you put Nutella in coffee? Yes! Nutella, the OG of hazelnut spreads, is a mixture of textures and flavors that are PERFECT in coffee. The combination of cream, hazelnuts, and cocoa creates a rich, chocolatey, roasted nut flavor that makes your coffee with cream routine extra special.
If you’re ready to elevate your daily latte with chocolatey hazelnutty goodness, gather your three ingredients, and let’s get started!
Why You Should Make Coffee with Nutella
- It’s sweet and creamy enough to be considered a caffeinated dessert.
- It can be made with hot coffee, cold brew, or blended into a frappuccino.
- It’s SO easy to make with only 3 ingredients.
- Hazelnut + chocolate + coffee pair perfectly together.
A few notes about the ingredients in chocolate hazelnut coffee:
- Hot coffee – Use a french press or coffee maker to brew hot coffee (at least 10 ounces for one grande Nutella latte). You can use any coffee (regular or decaf). Medium to dark roasted ground beans with sweet, full-bodied flavor is perfect.
- Creamer – You can use any dairy creamer (half & half, heavy cream, whole milk, etc.), or for a dairy-free version, use your favorite plant-based alternatives like oat, soy, almond, or coconut milk.
- Nutella – This wouldn’t be a Nutella latte recipe without everyone’s favorite hazelnut spread!
- Simple syrup – Nutella is sweetened, so taste the coffee before adding any additional sweetener. You may not need it!
♨ How To Make Hot Nutella Coffee
1️⃣ Step One: Combine coffee and Nutella
First, brew 10 ounces of hot coffee, add it to a high-speed blender with the Nutella and blend until the mixture is silky smooth.
2️⃣ Step Two: Add cream
Next, pour the hot coffee and Nutella mixture into your favorite sturdy mug and your choice of milk or coffee creamer, and stir (or use a handheld frother) to combine.
3️⃣ Step Three: Add sweetener
Then, sweeten to taste with simple syrup adding about 1 teaspoon at a time until your Nutella coffee is sweetened precisely to your preference.
4️⃣ Step Four: Add toppings
As a decadent finishing touch, top your coffee with a delicate layer of cold foam or whipped cream and enjoy hot!
- Always blend Nutella with hot liquid to make it syrup-like before stirring it with cold drinks. Otherwise, it won’t emulsify.
- You can combine Nutella with a small amount of hot coffee and then use a frother to emulsify the two together.
- Set yourself up for successfully blended coffee drinks by using a high-speed blender.
- If it isn’t sweet enough, add a teaspoon of simple syrup at a time until it’s perfect.
See below for more ways to enjoy Nutella chocolate hazelnut coffee:
- Simple syrup flavors that go with Nutella – Instead of simple syrup, sweeten things up and add flavor with simple syrup infusions. Chocolate hazelnut pairs well with gingerbread, vanilla, orange, and brown sugar-infused simple syrup.
- Finish with a layer of cold foam – The density isn’t as light and fluffy as whipped cream but more satiny and smooth, similar to melted ice cream. Try making cold foam with coffee creamer or vegan cold foam.
- Iced Nutella latte – Make the coffee-Nutella mixture as instructed, then freeze it in ice cube trays. Once frozen, blend the cubes in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Nutella cold brew – For an extra burst of caffeine, swap fresh brewed hot coffee for a homemade cold brew.
- Decaf Nutella coffee: Make with hot decaf coffee or decaf cold brew.
- Keto chocolate hazelnut latte – Use a keto variation of Nutella (like ChocZero Cocoa Hazelnut Spread) and a keto-friendly creamer like heavy cream or coconut milk. To make it sweeter, use keto simple syrup.
🧊 How To Store
This Nutella latte recipe makes one 12-ounce (grande size) serving. If you have any leftovers:
- Refrigerator Storage: Let the coffee cool completely, then keep it in an airtight glass container and enjoy it within 1 -2 days, either reheated or served over ice.
- Freezer Storage: Freeze Nutella coffee in ice cube trays for 3 to 4 months. When ready to serve, let the mixture thaw in the fridge or blend the coffee cubes in a high-speed blender for a quick and easy hazelnut chocolate smoothie.
Nutella is AMAZING in coffee. It adds decadent chocolatey hazelnut flavor and makes the coffee extra thick and creamy.
Yes. When Nutella is combined with hot water (or milk), it loosens the consistency, making it a pourable syrup.
You can, but the Nutella will clump rather than emulsify with the milk. So instead, heat just enough milk to dissolve the Nutella in the microwave to make a syrup before mixing it with cold milk.
A Nutella frappuccino is a Nutella coffee but in frappe form. To order something similar from Starbucks, ask for a grande frappuccino blended with regular coffee, 2 pumps of mocha, 1 pump of hazelnut, and whipped cream. Ask for more whipped cream on top and caramel drizzle.
🥤 More specialty coffee drinks
- Cashew Coffee
- Gingersnap Cold Brew Coffee
- Chocolate Cream Cold Brew
- Iced Gingerbread Latte
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew
- Peanut Butter Cold Brew
3 Ingredient Nutella Coffee
- 10 ounces hot coffee freshly brewed
- 1 ounce half & half or any milk, creamer, or plant-based alternative
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup OPTIONAL
- Add freshly brewed hot coffee and Nutella to a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a mug, and top with your choice of milk or creamer. Stir well.
- Then, sweeten to taste with simple syrup adding about 1 teaspoon at a time until it's sweetnened to your liking.
- Top with a layer of cold foam or whipped cream, and enjoy hot!