This Peanut Butter Cold Brew is smooth, creamy, and flavored to perfection with peanut butter powder -just like Gideon’s Bakehouse in Disney Springs. Vegan-friendly and gluten-free, this refreshing iced coffee drink is simply the best.
The peanut butter cold brew from Gideon’s Bakehouse at Disney Springs in Orlando, Florida is one of the many delicious treasures that add to the magic of Disney. At Gideon’s, real peanuts, a pinch of salt, and nitro cold brew makes the perfect rich, dark and smooth coffee drink. The perfect pairing with one of Gideon’s nearly half-pound handmade cookies!
The cool and pleasantly sweet drink has just enough peanut butter to add hints of nutty flavor to a rich, dark cold brew. With these simple step-by-step instructions, you’ll learn how to make a perfect copycat of this delightful Disney treat from home!
👉 Still not sold? Here are three reasons you should make peanut butter cold brew at home!
- Not located near Orlando? No worries! This coffee drink tastes just like Gideon’s, so there’s no need to travel to Florida.
- You’ll only need four ingredients!
- Peanut butter cold brew is the perfect cool and caffeinated afternoon pick-me-up!
Ready to learn how to make peanut butter cold brew from scratch? Let’s do it!
To make this delicious Gideon’s Bakehouse peanut butter cold brew copycat drink, you will need the following basic ingredients:
- Cold Brew Coffee: You can’t make peanut butter cold brew without cold brew! You can use homemade or store-bought.
- Powdered Peanut Butter: adds subtle peanut butter flavor to the cold foam. PBfit Original Peanut Butter Powder and PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter are great options that are easy to find in the store.
- Milk: For a vegan peanut butter cold brew, use a non-dairy barista blend oat milk. Otherwise, you can use skim milk to make cold foam.
- Powdered Sugar (optional): adds subtle sweetness (use more or less to your liking).
- Salt: A pinch of salt enhances the sweet and nutty flavors of the whole drink.
Recommended Tools: electric Frother or wide-mouthed jar and handheld milk frother.
👉 How To Make Peanut Butter Cold Brew
To make a sweet and salty homemade peanut butter cold brew, follow these simple steps:
1️⃣ Step One: Make cold brew coffee.
2️⃣ Step Two: Make peanut butter cold foam.
In a wide-mouthed jar or in the liquid compartment of an electric milk frother, add milk, powdered peanut butter and a pink of salt. Froth milk into a thick, creamy foam. For more information on how to make cold foam, check out this post on how to make cold foam.
3️⃣ Step Three: Assemble peanut butter cold brew.
Fill a tall glass with ice and then fill it three-quarters of the way full with cold brew. Stir in powdered sugar (if using). Layer desired amount of peanut butter cold foam on top or stir it into the coffee drink. Finish with a pinch of salt (optional).
🔁 Variations + Quick Tips
Check out these delicious peanut butter cold brew variations:
- To make decaf peanut butter cold brew, simply use decaf coffee cold brew or store-bought decaf coffee.
- Make a chocolate peanut butter cup cold brew by adding your favorite cocoa powder to the peanut butter cold foam.
- For vegan cold foam, you can use a non-dairy barista blend to froth into cold foam or follow these simple steps.
- If you prefer to add a little extra sweetness, you can sweeten cold brew with powdered sugar, simple syrup or brown sugar syrup.
- Warm your cold brew up with some comforting spices like cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg. etc. You could also add cocoa or cacao powder to make a yummy chocolate peanut butter cold brew.
- To make a peanut butter cold brew smoothie, simply blend with ice. You can boost the protein content by adding your favorite protein powder and/or a tablespoon or two of creamy peanut butter.
❓ Recipe Questions
Absolutely! The sweet, salty, and nutty peanut butter flavor balances out any bitterness in the coffee making a sweet and creamy balanced drink.
Peanut butter cold brew is a signature house blend you can find at Gideon’s Bakehouse at Disney Springs in Orlando, Florida, or follow this recipe and make it homemade. Alternatively, Dunkin Donuts now sells peanut butter cup swirl flavor!
Yes. The peanut butter cold brew from Gideon’s and this copycat peanut butter cold brew are gluten-free.
To make a homemade vegan peanut butter cold brew, be sure to use a non-dairy milk alternative to make the peanut butter cold foam.
No. Creamy peanut butter is too dense and heavy to mix into cold foam. It will weigh it down, but you can blend peanut butter into your cold brew coffee for extra flavor and creaminess.
🧊 How to Store
This peanut butter cold brew recipe makes 2 servings (about 3/4 cup each). To store leftovers:
- Refrigerator Storage: To refrigerate peanut butter cold brew, it is best the cold brew coffee and cold foam be stored in airtight glass containers separately. Prepared cold brew coffee will last up to 10 days in the fridge and cold foam will last 3 to 4 days.
- Freezer Storage: If the cold foam and cold brew are mixed together, freeze in ice cube trays for 3 to 4 months. To serve, thaw in the fridge or plop cubes in a blender for a quick and easy smoothie.
☕ More Specialty Coffee & Tea Drinks
- Iced Pineapple Matcha Drink (Starbucks Copycat)
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew
- Iced Guava Passionfruit Drink (Starbucks Copycat)
Peanut Butter Cold Brew
- 10 oz Cold Brew Coffee
- 1 cup Ice
Peanut Butter Cold Foam
- 2 tbsp Powdered Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk or dairy free milk