Upgrade your favorite specialty sips with a lavish layer of sweet, creamy, and sophisticated Strawberry Cold Foam. This homemade cold foam is blended with freeze-dried strawberries for a burst of fruity flavor and a pretty pop of pink. Can also be made vegan.
New to cold foam? A dollop of this frothed topping instantly transforms basic iced coffee and cold brew into a sweet and creamy specialty sip. For this strawberry-flavored cold foam, you’ll make cold foam scratch infused with fruity strawberry flavor.
The key is freeze-dried strawberries. The concentrated pigments and flavors in freeze-dried strawberries give this strawberry foam an elegant pink hue and the sweetest, juiciest strawberry flavor!
🏡Why You Should Make Strawberry Cold Foam At Home
- The naturally pink cold foam is perfect for giving drinks an elegant Valentine’s day aesthetic.
- Top your favorite spring and summer sips with a silky layer of fruity cold foam.
- Quicker and easier than making a trip to Starbucks for a special request.
- You’ll only need three ingredients and 5 minutes of your time.
- Can be made dairy-free!
Here are a few things to keep in mind while gathering the ingredients.
- Freeze-dried strawberries – The water and moisture are removed, concentrating the strawberry flavor and bright pink color. When ground into a powder, it’s a great way to flavor cold foam with bright berry flavor and pigment.
- Heavy whipping cream – Make sure your heavy whipping cream is very cold for the fluffiest cold foam.
- Simple syrup – For a bit more sweetness.
- Recommended Tools: To pulverize the strawberries into a powder, you need a high-speed blender or food processor. For the cold foam, you’ll need an electric frother or a stick frother and a mason jar or tall, durable container.
🥣 How To Make Strawberry Cold Foam
1️⃣ Step One: make strawberry powder.
First, add your freeze-dried strawberries to a high-speed blender or food processor and grind them into a fine powder.
2️⃣ Step Two: froth cream with simple syrup.
Then, add cold heavy whipping cream to your electric frother. If you’re using a stick frother, add the cold heavy whipping cream to a mason jar (or tall durable container like a cocktail shake or tumbler). Then, pour in the simple syrup and froth the mixture for 30 seconds.
3️⃣ Step Three: blend in strawberry powder.
Finally, add the strawberry powder, and continue frothing until the mixture becomes a creamy cold foam and the powder is thoroughly blended.
4️⃣ Step Four: serve.
Pour a layer over top of your favorite specialty sips, and enjoy!
💭 Recipe Tips
- Save your fresh strawberries for snacking and smoothies. This cold foam technique only works with dried strawberry powder.
- To intensify the flavor, add just a drop of pure strawberry extract. A little bit goes a long way.
- Aldi, Trader Joe’s, and Walmart always seem to have freeze-dried strawberries stocked in the same section as the raisins and dried fruit. In your local grocery store, check the snack aisle, canned fruit aisle, or the outskirts of the produce aisle.
- No worries if you don’t have a high-speed blender or food processor! Freeze-dried strawberries are delicate and are easy to crush by hand. Add to a resealable bag, seal the bag closed, then grind with a rolling pin or a heavy mug.
- If you froth everything at once, the strawberry powder tends to clump, so froth the cold foam in two stages. Froth the cream and simple syrup first, and then add the strawberry powder and froth to combine.
Let’s talk switching up and serving.
- Flavored simple syrup – Add another layer of delectable flavor. Instead of simple syrup, use vanilla simple syrup, and your cold foam will taste like a strawberry shortcake! Make with brown sugar syrup for richer-caramelized flavor.
- Cool and creamy topping – Frothed cold, instead of hot, this cold foam is the perfect way to finish cold brew coffee, this 3-ingredient pink drink, frozen matcha lattes, iced white mochas, and more!
- Make creamy drinks – Stir the foam into refreshing, iced beverages like tea, coffee, and strawberry acai lemonade,
- Vegan strawberry cold foam – While frothing your vegan cold foam, add one tablespoon of strawberry powder at a time until it is as berry-flavored and pink as you prefer!
♻️ How To Store
- Storing: This recipe makes enough for 1-2 drinks. Store extra in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours. You may need to froth before using it again.
- Freezing: Freezing is not recommended.
Starbucks doesn’t exclusively offer strawberry-flavored cold foam, but sweet cream cold foam can be blended with strawberry puree upon request.
Kindly ask your barista if it’s not too much trouble to blend your cold foam with a splash of strawberry puree. Keep in mind that the cold foam will lose some of its fluff from the puree moisture. However, this DIY version makes flavored cold foam true to traditional coffeehouse consistency.
It’s the “Pink Drink” with a chocolate-covered strawberry twist, but you have to specifically ask for an iced pink drink topped with a layer of mocha cold foam.
The best alternative to coconut cream is a barista plant-based blend such as Oatly or the plant-based barista blends from Califia Farms.
Yes. Non-dairy and vegan coffee creamers also work for vegan cold foam as long as it is cold when added to the frother.
🧋More Specialty Sips
- Chocolate Cream Cold Brew
- Peanut Butter Cold Brew
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew
- 3 Ingredient Pink Drink
- Matcha Horchata
Strawberry Cold Foam
- High Speed Blender or food processor
- Electric Frother or stick frother & mason jur (or tall durable container)
- 1/2 ounce freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream cold
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- Add freeze-dried strawberries to a high-speed blender or food processor and pulse to grind them into a fine powder.
- Add cold heavy whipping cream to an electric frother. If using a stick frother, add the cold heavy whipping cream to a mason jar (or tall durable container). Then, pour in the simple syrup.
- Froth the mixture for 30 seconds.
- Then, add the freeze-dried strawberry powder, and continue to froth until the mixture becomes a creamy cold foam and the powder is thoroughy blended.
- Pour a layer of strawberry cold foam on top of your favorite specialty sips, and enjoy!