This homemade Sugar Cookie Simple Syrup is the perfect simple syrup infusion to have on hand during the holiday season! Add warm and cozy sugar cookie flavor to coffee, hot chocolate, lattes, and cocktails!
Making simple syrup from scratch takes just a few extra minutes but is worth it. It is a convenient way to add flavor to coffee, tea and cocktails. This quick and easy simple syrup recipe goes a step further! Basic simple syrup is infused with almond, butter, and vanilla extracts to make a coffee syrup that tastes just like a buttery-sweet sugar cookie.
Sugar cookie simple syrup is a great way to make copycat Starbucks lattes, add a pleasant flavor to coffee and hot chocolate, sweeten baked goods and craft delicious cocktails!
✅Why Make Sugar Cookie Syrup From Scratch?
- There’s no need to worry about the weird additives, this sugar cookie-flavored syrup is made with simple ingredients.
- It is a fantastic way to add cozy holiday flavor to drinks, baked goods, and even vanilla ice cream!
- Perfect gift for the coffee lovers in your life.
- It can be stored in the freezer to for later use.
👉 Ways to Use Sugar Cookie Simple Syrup
- Blended into coffee and lattes to add sugary-sweet flavor
- Used in place of corn syrup in cookie recipes
- Drizzled over breakfast pastries, pancakes and waffles
- Mixed into festive cocktails
Ready to learn how to make Starbucks sugar cookie syrup? Let’s do it.
To make sugar cookie simple syrup, you’ll need:
- White and Brown Sugar: Gives the syrup its sweet flavor along with a touch of molasses.
- Water: is the liquid component of the syrup. As the sugar dissolves, it thickens into a syrup.
- Salt: Enhances the flavor profile of the syrup and contrasts the sweetness.
- Flavor Extract: A mix of vanilla, almond, and butter extract combine to form a classic sugar cookie flavor.
For perfect simple syrup, we recommend the following equipment:
- Medium Saucepan: for dissolving the sugar in hot water.
- Sealed Syrup Jar or Mason Jar: for storage. To extend the shelf-life of your homemade simple syrups, be sure to sanitize your containers thoroughly before using.
📖 How To Make Sugar Cookie Simple Syrup
1️⃣ Step One: Dissolve the sugar.
In a medium saucepan, add the sugar, salt, and water. Whisk to fully combine. Once it reaches a boil, bring it down to a simmer until all of the sugar is dissolved.
2️⃣ Step Two: Add flavor extracts.
Remove from heat, then stir in the almond extract, vanilla extract, and butter extract. Whisk until combined.
3️⃣ Step Three: Cool and store.
Let the syrup cool for 10-15 minutes. Funnel the syrup into sanitized glass jars with a tight-fitted lid. Store for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe Tips
- Stir in the flavor extracts AFTER boiling to preserve their flavor.
- The syrup will be HOT, so please let it cool before attempting to store it.
- To prevent bacterial growth, always store simple homemade syrups in sanitized glass jars.
Try making sugar cookie simple syrup with one of these tasty variations.
- For a deeper, caramelized flavor, make simple syrup with brown sugar or a combination of brown and granulated.
- Use different extracts. In addition to almond extract, you can use vanilla, peppermint, coconut, maple, etc.
- Cheer things up with some warming spices like whole cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice.
- Infuse syrup with fresh herbs like rosemary, mint and lavender.
🧊 How To Store
Simple syrups are great to make ahead. This flavor, in particular, is perfect for storing in jars to gift during the holidays.
Storing: Once the syrup has cooled completely to room temperature, funnel it into sanitized glass jars or containers with lids and keep it in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Freezing: A large container of this syrup most likely will not freeze solid, so we recommend freezing the syrup in ice cube trays to pop out and thaw as needed.
How much sugar cookie syrup should I add to my coffee or tea?
For an 8 to 10 ounce cup of coffee or tea, start with one tablespoon of syrup. If it isn’t sweet enough, add more to the taste.
Does Starbucks sell sugar cookie lattes?
No, Starbucks does not sell a sugar cookie latte. However, you can order a cookie butter latte from the “secret menu.”
How do I use sugar cookie simple syrup in baking?
Drizzling syrups over baked goods is a great way to keep them tender and soft. You can drizzle the syrup over freshly baked cookies, cupcakes, and even in between cake layers to add flavor, and moisture and help the cake layers stick together.
🏺More Homemade Simple Syrup Recipes
Sugar Cookie Simple Syrup
- medium saucepan
- jar with lid
- 1/2 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/8 tsp Butter Extract
- In a medium saucepan, add the sugar, salt, and water. Whisk to fully combine.
- Once it reaches a boil, bring it down to a simmer until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, then stir in the almond extract, vanilla extract, and butter extract. Whisk until combined.
- Let the mixture cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Funnel into a sanitized jar with a lid and store for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.