Treat yourself to the perfect pick-me-up, a Lavender Matcha Latte. This carefully crafted matcha drink has the perfect balance of sweet floral flavor, pleasant earthy taste, and irresistible creaminess. Dairy-free and vegan adaptation included.
Are you looking for a way to switch up your matcha latte? Perfect! This lavender matcha latte infuses subtle floral flavor into a luscious homemade matcha latte. The floral lavender and sweet, earthy matcha complement each other perfectly.
Here are three reasons why you’re going to fall in love with this matcha lavender latte:
- It’s delicious! The flavor and consistency are perfect.
- Quick and easy. Make a coffee-house quality matcha latte in minutes.
- It’s vegan and dairy-free (when made with plant-based milk).
Ready to learn how to make a lavender-infused latte? Let’s do it!
To make this sweet, creamy, and pleasantly floral matcha latte, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Matcha Green Tea Powder – The quality and richness of matcha powders vary. The higher quality of the matcha powder, the better the flavor. As a rule of thumb, when choosing matcha green tea powder, select a vibrant, green powder that is within your budget.
- Lavender Simple Syrup – Making lavender-infused simple syrup from scratch is almost as easy as grabbing a bottle from the store. While you can use Monin lavender syrup, all you’ll need to DIY is granulated sugar, water, and fresh or dried lavender sprigs.
- Milk – Milk adds a delicate creamy texture. You can use whole milk or one of your favorite milk alternatives like almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk. The higher the fat content of the milk, the smoother and creamier your matcha latte will be.
- Equipment – You will need: a small saucepan, a small bowl, a cocktail shaker (or glass), and a matcha whisk. No matcha whisk? A regular whisk works too.
📖 How to make lavender matcha latte (step-by-step photos)
1️⃣ Step One: Make lavender simple syrup
Combine sugar, water, and lavender sprigs in a small saucepan. Bring the liquid to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until the sugar dissolves and the lavender becomes fragrant (5 to 7 minutes). Set it aside while it cools.
2️⃣ Step Two: Make matcha green tea
Combine matcha powder and hot water in a small bowl. Whisk well. Set aside.
3️⃣ Step Three: Mix drink ingredients
Mix the lavender syrup, matcha, and milk in a cocktail shaker or large glass. Shake or stir to blend.
4️⃣ Step Four: Serve
Pour the mixture into a mug for a hot matcha lavender latte and enjoy. For an iced matcha lavender latte, let the mixture cool completely before pouring it into a tall glass over ice. Enjoy!
❔ Questions + quick tips
Instead of making a matcha tea latte, you can replace brewed matcha with any hot brewed tea. Chamomille tea and chai tea taste lovely infused with lavender.
The bitter, earthy flavor in tea and coffee blends perfectly with sweet, aromatic lavender. It sweetens coffee and tea with a pleasantly floral and woody flavor.
Dried lavender is safe to use directly in food and beverage like lattes and drinks. For bolder lavender flavor, you can grind your dried lavender into a fine powder (the same consistency as the matcha powder). You can then stir the powder directly into your lattes and drinks.
🍯 Optional Sweeteners
Lavender simple syrup is mostly sugar, so it will undoubtedly sweeten your latte a bit. After making your drink, give it a quick sip. Not sweet enough? Add something sweet. See below for ways to sweeten your matcha latte:
You can also use sugar granules (cane sugar, brown sugar, or coconut sugar). Just be sure to add it to your latte while it’s hot, so the granules dissolve completely. No one likes a gritty tea latte.
🧊 How to store
This recipe makes 1 big latte or 2 small ones, but don’t worry. If you can’t finish it, leftover lavender latte can be stored and enjoyed later.
- Refrigerator Storage: If served over ice, first strain the liquid from the ice into an airtight container. Store in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Stir and pour over a fresh glass of ice before serving.
- Freezer Storage: We recommend enjoying this latte made fresh. However, it can be frozen in a freezer-safe container (leaving room for expansion) for up to 3 months. Another option is freezing leftovers in ice cube trays to use in your future iced matcha drinks.
🥤More matcha recipes
Want more matcha? We’ve got it covered.
Lavender Matcha Latte
Lavender Matcha Latte Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons lavender simple syrup see recipe below
- 12 ounces milk or milk alternative
Lavender Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 10 sprigs dried or fresh lavender
- Make lavender simple syrup: Combine sugar, water, and dried lavender in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sugar is dissolved and syrup has thickened.
- Warm milk: In a small sauce pan add milk and add lavender sprigs. Bring to a simmer until milk is warm.
- Make the matcha: Add matcha powder and hot water to small bowl and mix well with matcha whisk (or a regular whisk will do). Set aside.
- Mix drink ingredients: In cocktail shaker or large glass, mix the lavender simple syrup, matcha, and milk in a glass and stir well to combine.
- To serve iced: For a hot latte, pour the combined latte into a mug.
- Nutrition notes: Nutrition information includes 1 teaspoon of lavender simple syrup.